SOME EXCERPTS FROM THE AMF SUBMISSION
FOR EVERY CHILD, A MOTHER AND A FATHER
The love between a mother and her baby is the most profound bond in human existence, but that primal relationship is trashed by the “marriage” of two men, because gay marriage gives two men the right to obtain a child of their own, by surrogacy or adoption, and so deprive that child of a mother...
SLIPPERY SLOPE TOWARDS ‘GROUP’ AND INCESTUOUS MARRIAGE
Once we cut marriage adrift from the rock of nature, from the mammalian model of male-female-young, there is no sound reason to deny any consenting couples or groups of adults the right to “marriage equality” based on their “love and commitment”. And that way, madness lies…
WHAT MARRIAGE IS
Marriage is not a social invention, but a social response to a timeless biological reality. The biological pair-bond of man and woman is nature’s foundation for human life – as with other mammals – and is not a social fad to be cut to shape according to the fashion of the day...
CONCEPTUAL ERRORS ON THE NATURE OF HOMOSEXUALITY
This Bill does not limit itself to asserting that people who suffer a same-sex attraction are to be treated with neighbourly respect; instead it asserts that the poorly understood phenomenon of homosexuality itself is a normal part of human sexuality to be “celebrated”. Because there is no sound clinical basis for that assertion, there is no sound basis for this Bill. Homosexuality is not an ‘inborn’ natural trait like race or gender, has not been classified as ‘normal’ by the medical profession, and is not ‘immutable’ but open to change, as many individuals have discovered...
THE WAY FORWARD
Non-discrimination against same-sex couples is exactly what Federal Parliament achieved in 2008 when over 80 pieces of legislation were amended by a bipartisan majority. Homosexual couples now enjoy effective equality with married couples in every way short of marriage. The process must stop short of marriage, because marriage is about something much deeper than civil equality; it is about a natural reality – male, female, offspring – which society did not create and which only a decadent party like the Greens would seek to destroy...
The Marriage Equality Amendment Bill 2010 should be rejected:
- by any who know in their heart that a child must have at least the chance in his life of the love of both a mother and a father.
- by any who do not want the innocence of a child’s understanding of natural sexuality to be corrupted by compulsory pro-homosexual education
- by any who defend the right of religious communities to uphold their ideals of sexual behaviour and give moral guidance, or of individuals to object to homosexual behaviour, without the threat of “hate-speech” proceedings
- by any who understand the vital social role of marriage customs and laws in reinforcing the biological bond between mother, father and child; and who do not want to weaken marriage further by equating it in law with a sterile and unnatural same-sex relationship
- by any who understand the developmental psychology of same-sex attraction and the possibility of change, and who reject policy, like this Bill, which is based on a faulty understanding of homosexuality.Share